Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #145: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 1

TylerNa
10 - Fireball

Part 1 completed. Looking forward to next week.

Spoiler
Part 1 Workflow.png
Part 1 Results.png
Verakso
11 - Bolide

Here is my findings, it was fun to apply some of that knowledge I have gained over the year, so here is my shot at it

Spoiler
Santalytics workflow and findingsSantalytics workflow and findingsWhen I read the documentation on the calculation of the Fundraising Efficiency, then is is described as the "charity's fundraising efficiency by determining how much it spends to generate $1 in charitable contributions" which in my mind means that the lower that number is, the better, and that's why I have listed the three charities this way

Since we where suggested to come up with our own ranking criteria, then I also took a look at travel, which I believe is travel cost,

If we look at advertising, the I think it also would make sense to look at travel (cost), and choose a charity, that spend less on this,

I am just saying, it we took travel into the list of criteria, then the above list would change.

Happy Holidays

/Thomas.

calampert
7 - Meteor

Here's my solution: 

Inactive User
Not applicable

My Solution

PeterP
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Here's my solution with a festive theme. :)

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is our solution from the Rochester, NY User Group!

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

My results are similar to most of the others:

Spoiler
challenge_145_output.PNG

When looking at my own state (Georgia), I was surprised that three of the four organizations meeting the criteria had $0 in advertising and promotion expenses.

challenge_145_output_ga.PNG  

My solution workflow:

Spoiler
Since some organizations had more than one 990 filed in 2017, I used the most recent tax period for each EIN. This did not affect the results for Colorado.

challenge_145_workflow.PNG
ultrarunner
8 - Asteroid

I didn't know Dynamic Rename could do so much until I checked the spoilers. I revised my original workflow to adopt Dynamic Rename. It is not 100% mine, but it is a good learning experience. I can't wait for the next challenge!

AJauniskis
8 - Asteroid

Part 1 done. Looking forward to the next one.

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
jwlong91
8 - Asteroid

Fun challenge!  I decided to make an analytic app that allows a user to select the State they would like to see charitable organizations for that meet the criteria listed in the challenge.

Spoiler
Challenge 145 JWL.JPG