Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #145: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 1

wjohndenham
7 - Meteor

I would pick the second non profit (Denver Scholarship Foundation) since they have a longer history. I pulled three years worth of data (per the Efficiency calculation). 

Spoiler
Santa Part 1.JPG

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm glad I challenged myself to do this with only the URLs provided as the input and not download any files.

Spoiler
The Excel file was the only tricky part. I used the Download tool to write the file as a temporary file and changed the file name back to the '17eofinextractdoc.xls' provided by the URL so the Dynamic Input would be happy with the file extension. I didn't think of a way to handle for the '990' sheet name easily, so that was just hard coded
AGoyal
8 - Asteroid

Solved. However, I am getting different results (on the sorted output) that what others did - not sure why. 

Also, added my state to the mix.

Spoiler
alteryx-c145.PNG
CamodCPA
8 - Asteroid

Took me a few hours to figure out the excel sheet issue! I definitely used the help of some more experienced alateryx'rs. This one took me for a loop! 

By seeing another alteryx user use the dynamic rename tool, I took it on. it was fun to see that in action!

Also, I don't have the greatest computer in the world, but, I now understand why making your workflow efficient is important..... by the end it was taking me 12-16 seconds to run this puppy! I believe mainly because of the downloading aspect, I will be practicing downloading the file loacally, it would have helped!

Spoiler
capture8.PNG
NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@AGoyal I think yours sorts differently because you created your AFE column as a string instead of a number.

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Spoiler
2018-12-10_23-47-03.png
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

My solve.... Revamped for downloading data directly from the websites. Thanks to @CharlieS for figuring out how to do all of that.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My Solution:

Spoiler

A Precious Child Inc.

Capture.PNG

And extra credit...

Spoiler
... still having fun with this data and working on it!

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Love Santalytics every year!  I looked up Ohio to see what ranked tops there as well.

The website wouldn't accept the yxzp for exceeding the maximum size.  Here's my workflow.

sprodger
8 - Asteroid

my solution: 

Spoiler
Spolirer_145_SP.PNG