community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #144: Secret Santa Assignments (BAH HUMBUG!)

Asteroid

Here's my solution with iterative macros to solve both the easy and the net scrooginess =< 13

Spoiler
Challenge 144 workflow.JPGWorkflowChallenge 144 simple.JPGIterative macro for any pairChallenge 144 max scrooge.JPGIterative macro to cap net Scroogieness to 13
Asteroid

[Duplicate post]

Meteor

Took a simple route. Not sure if I got the right answer, But, am confident that I took logical and straightforward steps!

*// EDIT: I completed this challenge for all possible combinations!!!! 

Spoiler
Capture7.PNG

Alteryx Partner

Here my first 'weekly challenge' solution contribution, not short as in 5 tools (I have 3 extras for sorting and to calculate the net), but hey, this is my first contribution and it is exactly sorted the way it was sorted in the output request and works for any given number of names/records (not only 50). Wish all a happy 'advents' time. 

Meteoroid

My Solution: 

Spoiler
144.PNG
Alteryx Certified Partner

Fun one :-)

Alteryx
Alteryx

I went down a route that I wasn't 100% sure would work due to the logic being very simple.....

Spoiler
Basically matched the highest with the lowest, and hoped the middle would sort itself out, thankfully it did.

Workflow.png
Asteroid

Here is my solution. Nice and simple and works for scroogieness as well.

Spoiler
144.PNG
Asteroid

Here is my solution... same results!

Quasar

I had to throw this one in since nowhere did @JoeM say that the basic pairings had to be random!  3 tools!

Spoiler
fixed solution.png

A more robust solution is on the way

Dan