Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #144: Secret Santa Assignments (BAH HUMBUG!)

AnaisComyn
9 - Comet

Finish ! 

bmcclelland46
10 - Fireball

Bottom part is a sorting solution - got stumped on how to find the maximum number possible of solutions - got it down to 892 unique pairs with scrooginess less than 13 but couldn't figure out how to find the number of possible ways to arrange them so that everyone was paired. Might be more of a combination problem than an alteryx thing.

Spoiler

bmcclelland46_0-1597163968288.png

alynnreau
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
alynnreau_0-1597184387920.png

RNG
8 - Asteroid

JoePC
9 - Comet

Solution Attached

Sai_RanjithSubramani
6 - Meteoroid

Here is my solution

BobHabbijam
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have not found a solution I like. What I have done is this. I split the data file into two lists to avoid the problem of having to buy a present for oneself. Using a cartesian join I get 625 possible combinations, adding the scroogieness and removing all over 13 leaves me with a list of 393 possible unique combinations. What I am stumped on is how to get 25 unique combinations from that total. What I think I need to do is select from the right side 25 unique names and from the left side 25 unique names from a sorted list. 

I can't figure that out 

If somebody could tell me how I would appreciate that

ReconBen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
ReconBen.JPG

etechman
8 - Asteroid

My flow

NataliaGz
5 - Atom
Spoiler