Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #144: Secret Santa Assignments (BAH HUMBUG!)

ebarrus
7 - Meteor

My solution

bdaniels
8 - Asteroid

So I originally misunderstood and thought we were supposed to come up with 50 distinct combos that listed gift giver -> receiver, so I included that too /shrugEmoji

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 9.45.00 AM.png
Macro detour:
Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 9.45.28 AM.png

payam2
8 - Asteroid

I hope I'm not too late for Secret Santa. Oh dear, I think I am! :p

rajionline
6 - Meteoroid

that was a quick one

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Ho ho ho! Secret Santa solution attached :)

Spoiler
Iterative macro to select one pairing each iteration, and then remove that Secret Santa & recipient from the iterative input for the next round.Iterative macro to select one pairing each iteration, and then remove that Secret Santa & recipient from the iterative input for the next round.WeeklyChallenge144.JPG

Merry Christmas!

NJ

Paul-Evans
9 - Comet

Here's my solution along with one I made for my family exchange. The criteria for the family exchange is not to pick yourself, your spouse, and that it's a single loop (e.g. given people A, B, C, D, and E, you couldn't have the following assignments: 1) A has B has C has A and 2) D has E and E has D). I might update it so you also don't have the same person as you did the prior year. 

catarina_pimpao
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
AWC_144.JPG
NikolajFrosig
7 - Meteor

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution below. Had a go at doing it in the python tool too.

Spoiler
Challenge 144 - Capture.PNGThe Pythonic WayThe Pythonic Way