Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #144: Secret Santa Assignments (BAH HUMBUG!)

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution with iterative macros to solve both the easy and the net scrooginess =< 13

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflowIterative macro for any pairIterative macro for any pairIterative macro to cap net Scroogieness to 13Iterative macro to cap net Scroogieness to 13
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

[Duplicate post]

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
CamodCPA
8 - Asteroid

Took a simple route. Not sure if I got the right answer, But, am confident that I took logical and straightforward steps!

*// EDIT: I completed this challenge for all possible combinations!!!! 

Spoiler
Capture7.PNG

cdohrmann
5 - Atom

Here my first 'weekly challenge' solution contribution, not short as in 5 tools (I have 3 extras for sorting and to calculate the net), but hey, this is my first contribution and it is exactly sorted the way it was sorted in the output request and works for any given number of names/records (not only 50). Wish all a happy 'advents' time. 

sprodger
8 - Asteroid

My Solution: 

Spoiler
144.PNG
olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Fun one :-)

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I went down a route that I wasn't 100% sure would work due to the logic being very simple.....

Spoiler
Basically matched the highest with the lowest, and hoped the middle would sort itself out, thankfully it did.

Workflow.png
clant
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution. Nice and simple and works for scroogieness as well.

Spoiler
144.PNG
pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution... same results!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

I had to throw this one in since nowhere did @JoeM say that the basic pairings had to be random!  3 tools!

Spoiler
fixed solution.png

A more robust solution is on the way

Dan