Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #143: Developer Community Anniversary Edition

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Such a great challenge! I have been wanting to expand the app building I am doing into HTML UI. With a bunch of trial and error I was finally able to get the UI to work and was also able to set the default value of the spinner to 3 with the help of the HTML - GUI Library.

Spoiler
Challenge 143 UI.PNG
The final code I used is:
<body>
<legend class = "title">Outlier</legend>
<div class="widgetLabel">Z</div>
<ayx data-ui-props='{type:"NumericSpinner", widgetId:"z_spinner"}' data-item-props='{dataName:"z_spinner", dataType:"SimpleFloat", min:0, max:10, allowedprecision:1}'></ayx>
<br />
<br />
<div class="widgetLabel">Field to test</div>
<ayx data-ui-props='{type:"DropDown", widgetId:"field_dropDown"}' data-item-props='{dataName:"field_dropDown", dataType:"FieldSelector"}'></ayx>

<script type="text/javascript">
Alteryx.Gui.AfterLoad = function (manager) {
// Set the value of the progress bar
manager.getDataItem('z_spinner').setValue(3)
}
</script>
</body>

I am very excited to dive into this more and develop tools for others to use that can simplify what they do.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Newbie here!

Capture.PNG
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great challenge @NeilR  - thank you for continuing to find areas of the platform that we may not have explored yet.

Also thank you to @jdunkerley79  - his excellent blog post here steered me through this!

https://jdunkerley.co.uk/2017/12/03/grouped-record-id-tool-macro-based-with-javascript-ui/

Achieved the outcome - notes in the spoiler below.     Gotta say - awesome creativity @Verakso 

NewUI.png:

Spoiler

Similar to @patrick_digan@JoeS@danilang @ChristineB  , added the controls to the top section of the HTML, except I followed @jdunkerley79 's blog and did some of the lifting in the Script section (which helps with setting the default)

Here's the code:
Section 1 is the HTML - this adds the controls to the form but the controls do not have any behaviours at this stage

section1-HTML Section.png

Section 2 is where the behavior is added using Java Scripting to the controls.

Section2-Script section.png

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

This was a bit over my head - I've never used any of the SDKs before (but, I guess that was the point of this challenge!) I used the hint, but made a couple of adjustments such as changing the text size and adding a title.

Spoiler
challenge_143.PNG

<h3>Outlier detection configuration</h3>

<label>Z:</label>
  <ayx data-ui-props='{type:"NumericSpinner", widgetId:"z_spinner"}' data-item-props='{dataName:"z_spinner", dataType:"SimpleFloat"}'></ayx>
  <br>
  <br>
  <label>Field to test:</label>
  <ayx data-ui-props='{type:"DropDown", widgetId:"field_dropDown"}' data-item-props='{dataName:"field_dropDown", dataType:"FieldSelector"}'></ayx>​

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@kelly_gilbert you completed the challenge and even customized the solution, so i guess not over your head, after all 🙂

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

First time using the HTML SDK (and not really familiar with HTML). But finally I managed to find a solution.

Spoiler
12-08-_2019_14-39-20.png
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I don't understand what is asked of me... I shall return 🙂

TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
143. Macros.PNG

I used https://help.alteryx.com/developer/current/HTML/Overview.htm to add a date selector to the options
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This was a part of Alteryx I was totally unaware of. The recommended posting was the only thing that made this challenge even possible for me to get through. Shamelessly borrowed a good piece of the code from their example. Attached my test program and included my changes to the GUI.html in a spoiler. Not that different from most of the other solutions.

Spoiler
2019-09-27_12-34-31.png<body>
<label>Z Value</label>
<ayx data-ui-props='{type:"NumericSpinner", widgetId:"z_spinner", searchable: true, placeholder:"Z"}' data-item-props='{dataName:"z_spinner", dataType:"SimpleFloat"}'></ayx>
<label>Choose Field to Test</label>
<ayx data-ui-props='{type:"DropDown", widgetId:"field_dropDown", searchable: true, placeholder:"Test Field"}' data-item-props='{dataName:"field_dropDown", dataType:"FieldSelector"}'></ayx>
</body>