Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #143: Developer Community Anniversary Edition

Verakso
11 - Bolide

Working my way down from this years Sanatalytics, I went all goofy and made this

Spoiler
Weekly_Challenge_143.gif
I saw someone mention that they would have liked the initial value of the spinner be set to 3,

So that was yet another challenge I have tried to solve, before I went total Christmas Crazy.

Happy Holidays

/Thomas

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Cheers! This was my first time really playing around with HTML within Alteryx, and it was fun! I took the time to try to come up with a fun looking interface for this tool and included a hyperlink to a Wikipedia article on the Z score. I've attached my HTML script within the attached workflow.

Spoiler
My interfaceMy interface

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar
Spoiler
Screenshot 2018-12-31 at 11.07.26.png
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
143.PNG

Challenge Completed

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Managed to do it with the hints. I will expand on this another time and create my own HTML GUI. One thing I'm not sure of is how you know which ayx elements exist to make the interface. Is there a list of these?

Spoiler
HTML GUIHTML GUI
NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@PhilipMannering the list of supported widgets is here. There are examples of them in action in the HTML - GUI Library example tool.

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Done it with the hint. First time playing with the Alteryx SDKs. Thanks for the challenge!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
ipeng
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
143.PNG143-A.PNG

Done! 

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Thank you very much @NeilR for this amazing challenge! I've discovered a new world!! I'm freaking out with SDKs, seriously (and thank you very much @Ozzie for this post)

Spoiler
solution_143_abc.PNGsolution_143_field.PNG

I tried writing my own code in HTML file, it didn't work....I tried using the hint, it didn't work, so....

Spoiler
...I modified the tool/macro :)

The problem (don't know if this happened to anyone else or it just was me) was that the DropDown was always empty, no options inside as I think it's natural, so the field that GUI is sending to the macro is called "", and macro fails as it can't find any field called "" (more specifically, the Summarize tool that it's the first tool that need a field name)....

...so I replaced the DropDown by a TextBox where the user can write manually the name of the field:

challenge_143_richobsj_macro_modification.PNGchallenge_143_richobsj_html.PNG

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Finally getting around to this one... put it off for a while largely because it terrified me. But after playing around with it a bit, ended up with a sort of hybrid beginner-advanced solution where I started with the spoiler hint, combined it with some knowledge gained from this extremely helpful article, and ended up with something that was at least a little bit customized! Not as scary as expected. Still no idea what I'm doing... :) But I am definitely intrigued and will be looking into this more! Note: I especially like the cool things I saw here in this inspirational post... hoping to be better prepared to participate the next time a challenge like that comes around!

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge143.JPG

Body section of GUI.html:
<body>
<br />
<label>A quick and dirty outlier detection tool using the z-score methodology.</label>
<br />
<br />
<fieldset>
<legend class="title">Outlier Tool Configuration</legend>
<br />
<label>Choose Z-Score:</label>
<ayx data-ui-props='{type:"NumericSpinner", widgetID:"z_spinner"}'
data-item-props='{dataName:"z_spinner", dataType:"SimpleFloat"}'></ayx>
<br />
<br />
<label>Select Field to Test:</label>
<ayx data-ui-props='{type:"DropDown", widgetID:"field_dropDown"}'