community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #142: Life Certainties - Workflows, Death, and Taxes

Meteor

This one gave me a headache! think i started out in the wrong direction and took a very long route around

Asteroid

Workflow attached for both the easy way and hard way. My solutions for both are pretty similar to others up-thread!

Spoiler
Easy way workflow:
challenge_142_easy_way_workflow.PNG
Spoiler

For the "hard way," I appended the whole tax table to each employee row, then filtered and summarized to pick the appropriate bracket.

After looking through some of the other soutions, I learned about the Dynamic Replace tool. I had never heard of that tool before, so that will be pretty useful in the future!

Hard way workflow:
challenge_142_hard_way_workflow.PNG

Hard way macro:
challenge_142_macro.PNG

Meteor
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

The first weekly challenge I was able to complete in full! Took a few hours, but, Practice makes perfect! 

I have some more detail in my final answer as I don't want to ignore some "taxing" variables.

I know I can clean up the workflow a little, so if anyone has some suggestions, leave a reply!

Cheers,

Cameron

Meteoroid

Enjoyed this one

Spoiler
Challenge-142-solution.JPG
Asteroid

Atom

My first weekly challenge, not a very elegant solution but it works. 

Meteor

Took the "easy" route this time around

Alteryx Partner

My solution (easy path though):

Spoiler
challenge 142.jpg
Alteryx
Alteryx

I took the easy and slightly longer road! Made of the Total Column in Cross Tab to finish it off!

Bolide

Solution attached.