Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #142: Life Certainties - Workflows, Death, and Taxes

NatSnook
8 - Asteroid

This one gave me a headache! think i started out in the wrong direction and took a very long route around

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

Workflow attached for both the easy way and hard way. My solutions for both are pretty similar to others up-thread!

Spoiler
Easy way workflow:
challenge_142_easy_way_workflow.PNG
Spoiler

For the "hard way," I appended the whole tax table to each employee row, then filtered and summarized to pick the appropriate bracket.

After looking through some of the other soutions, I learned about the Dynamic Replace tool. I had never heard of that tool before, so that will be pretty useful in the future!

Hard way workflow:
challenge_142_hard_way_workflow.PNG

Hard way macro:
challenge_142_macro.PNG

CamodCPA
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

The first weekly challenge I was able to complete in full! Took a few hours, but, Practice makes perfect! 

I have some more detail in my final answer as I don't want to ignore some "taxing" variables.

I know I can clean up the workflow a little, so if anyone has some suggestions, leave a reply!

Cheers,

Cameron

paul_f
6 - Meteoroid

Enjoyed this one

Spoiler
Challenge-142-solution.JPG
CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

AndyLi
5 - Atom

My first weekly challenge, not a very elegant solution but it works. 

ebarrus
7 - Meteor

Took the "easy" route this time around

Wouter
8 - Asteroid

My solution (easy path though):

Spoiler
challenge 142.jpg
cadyb
Alteryx
Alteryx

I took the easy and slightly longer road! Made of the Total Column in Cross Tab to finish it off!

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.