community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #142: Life Certainties - Workflows, Death, and Taxes

Asteroid

Meteor

A very long way about it but got there in the end!

Week 142 solution.PNG

Spoiler

Meteor

Solved!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Asteroid

Asteroid

My solution attached

Bolide

Easy way was too easy, so did it the hard way and did it without a macro.  Both solutions in spoilers; only hard way attached.

Easy:

Spoiler
Workflow 142.JPG

Hard Way:

Spoiler
Workflow 142 - hard.JPG

Meteor

Solution attached

Thanks

Anna

Alteryx Partner

Once again not confident I have an efficient solution, but it does work and I'm slowly learning more RegEx and data manipulation, so that's good.

Spoiler
First time using comments and tool containers.  Definitely makes it more understandable.

Won't write the process here as it is covered by the tool container titles

Only thing I'm not happy with is I had to retype the tax table salary cutoffs in my formula to group the salaries.  I assume there is a better way, as this would not be easy to update.

MySolution.PNG
Alteryx Partner

Easy path ftw

Spoiler
Challenge 142.png
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
screenshot142.png