Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #142: Life Certainties - Workflows, Death, and Taxes

rcarog
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

mot
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.

Luke_C
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Challenge142.PNG

Admittedly had to peek at the solution, but very interesting to learn the dynamic replace tool

Rhys1
8 - Asteroid

Not pretty but a solution nonetheless

mdsalmankhan89
8 - Asteroid

did the easy way only 🙂 

hopefully will come around another day to do it the hard way too : )

mpennington
11 - Bolide

Attached.

Spoiler
Easy Rider.Easy Rider.
DataHabanero
9 - Comet

Ready!

bjkay30
8 - Asteroid

I took both approaches and actually had a pretty simple solution for the hard way, IMO.

On the hard path, I concatenated all the companies together into one field.  Then, inserted a select tool to remove those extra company columns.  After that, I used a text to columns tool and split it into rows instead of columns, which did the same thing as the transpose for me.  I did a similar formula to group each salary into the proper tax bracket but used the summarize tool to find the minimum tax rate (since the salary could have been less than 2 or more thresholds).  I used a second summarize to do the counting.  

In the end, this 'hard' solution turned out to be much simpler than I originally thought.

Spoiler
bjkay30_0-1620741049314.png

Milanz
8 - Asteroid

my solution 😉

Spoiler
Milanz_0-1620825471147.png

Erin
9 - Comet

I peeked at some of the posted solutions under the Hard route method and you guys are too fancy!

I am a beginner and so I took the easy route today! 😎 This solution doesn't use Macros or complex formulas - and mostly all tools for beginners, except for just a couple.... 

Spoiler
Only somewhat tricky tools I used is a RegEx and a MultiRow formula tool: 
BronzeFox_0-1624130913883.png