Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #142: Life Certainties - Workflows, Death, and Taxes

NatSnook
8 - Asteroid

This one gave me a headache! think i started out in the wrong direction and took a very long route around

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

Workflow attached for both the easy way and hard way. My solutions for both are pretty similar to others up-thread!

Spoiler
Easy way workflow:
challenge_142_easy_way_workflow.PNG
Spoiler

For the "hard way," I appended the whole tax table to each employee row, then filtered and summarized to pick the appropriate bracket.

After looking through some of the other soutions, I learned about the Dynamic Replace tool. I had never heard of that tool before, so that will be pretty useful in the future!

Hard way workflow:
challenge_142_hard_way_workflow.PNG

Hard way macro:
challenge_142_macro.PNG

CamodCPA
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

The first weekly challenge I was able to complete in full! Took a few hours, but, Practice makes perfect! 

I have some more detail in my final answer as I don't want to ignore some "taxing" variables.

I know I can clean up the workflow a little, so if anyone has some suggestions, leave a reply!

Cheers,

Cameron

paul_f
6 - Meteoroid

Enjoyed this one

Spoiler
Challenge-142-solution.JPG
CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

AndyLi
5 - Atom

My first weekly challenge, not a very elegant solution but it works. 

ebarrus
7 - Meteor

Took the "easy" route this time around

Wouter
8 - Asteroid

My solution (easy path though):

Spoiler
challenge 142.jpg
cadyb
Alteryx
Alteryx

I took the easy and slightly longer road! Made of the Total Column in Cross Tab to finish it off!

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.