Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #142: Life Certainties - Workflows, Death, and Taxes

sprodger
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
142.PNG

my solution, like others, decided to use the arrange tool :). probably could have used a few less tool overall though. 

SrideviB
5 - Atom

started looking in to Alteryx only a few weeks back and my 1st ever workflow challenge.. Thanks for keeping everything so organized in the community.. from learning material, challenges and training.   Thanks, Sri

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I used the arrange tool too. In 10 years of using Alteryx it's the first time I have used it to solve something, previously I have only used it to see what it did.

Managed to get the solution down to 4 tools as well, which I was pretty happy with!

Spoiler
Workflow.png
JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@GarthMiles - that's a hot tip I haven't heard before! In all candor, I still whip out the help when I have to use this tool as well.

wenjuanchen
8 - Asteroid

@NicoleJohnson Love your super cute icon, and your icons for other macros!

wenjuanchen
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached. Had fun solving it. Trying to put a better icon for the macro this time:)

Thanks @JoeM for sharing this challenge!

Spoiler
142.PNG
Spoiler
142 macro.PNG
OliverW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As a Solutions Engineer who likes to think of easiest solutions, no Macro, no hard path,  just simple Alteryx functions (and a little RegEx for some extra spin.

Spoiler
grafik.png
KevinW
8 - Asteroid

Went with the easy path as I wasn't trying for the style points this morning - just get 'r done.

Spoiler
142.JPG
Pollution
6 - Meteoroid

Not the most elegant solution but it'll work

Spoiler
Capture12.PNG

Carter_McGary
5 - Atom

No need to even touch the 'companies' input :)