Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #142: Life Certainties - Workflows, Death, and Taxes

sprodger
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
142.PNG

my solution, like others, decided to use the arrange tool :). probably could have used a few less tool overall though. 

SrideviB
5 - Atom

started looking in to Alteryx only a few weeks back and my 1st ever workflow challenge.. Thanks for keeping everything so organized in the community.. from learning material, challenges and training.   Thanks, Sri

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I used the arrange tool too. In 10 years of using Alteryx it's the first time I have used it to solve something, previously I have only used it to see what it did.

Managed to get the solution down to 4 tools as well, which I was pretty happy with!

Spoiler
Workflow.png
JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@GarthMiles - that's a hot tip I haven't heard before! In all candor, I still whip out the help when I have to use this tool as well.

wenjuanchen
8 - Asteroid

@NicoleJohnson Love your super cute icon, and your icons for other macros!

wenjuanchen
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached. Had fun solving it. Trying to put a better icon for the macro this time:)

Thanks @JoeM for sharing this challenge!

Spoiler
142.PNG
Spoiler
142 macro.PNG
OliverW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As a Solutions Engineer who likes to think of easiest solutions, no Macro, no hard path,  just simple Alteryx functions (and a little RegEx for some extra spin.

Spoiler
grafik.png
KevinW
8 - Asteroid

Went with the easy path as I wasn't trying for the style points this morning - just get 'r done.

Spoiler
142.JPG
Pollution
6 - Meteoroid

Not the most elegant solution but it'll work

Spoiler
Capture12.PNG

Carter_McGary
5 - Atom

No need to even touch the 'companies' input :)