Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #142: Life Certainties - Workflows, Death, and Taxes

8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
142.PNG

my solution, like others, decided to use the arrange tool :). probably could have used a few less tool overall though. 

Highlighted
5 - Atom

started looking in to Alteryx only a few weeks back and my 1st ever workflow challenge.. Thanks for keeping everything so organized in the community.. from learning material, challenges and training.   Thanks, Sri

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

I used the arrange tool too. In 10 years of using Alteryx it's the first time I have used it to solve something, previously I have only used it to see what it did.

Managed to get the solution down to 4 tools as well, which I was pretty happy with!

Spoiler
Workflow.png
Highlighted
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@GarthMiles - that's a hot tip I haven't heard before! In all candor, I still whip out the help when I have to use this tool as well.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

@NicoleJohnson Love your super cute icon, and your icons for other macros!

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Solution attached. Had fun solving it. Trying to put a better icon for the macro this time:)

Thanks @JoeM for sharing this challenge!

Spoiler
142.PNG
Spoiler
142 macro.PNG
Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

As a Solutions Engineer who likes to think of easiest solutions, no Macro, no hard path,  just simple Alteryx functions (and a little RegEx for some extra spin.

Spoiler
grafik.png
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Went with the easy path as I wasn't trying for the style points this morning - just get 'r done.

Spoiler
142.JPG
Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Not the most elegant solution but it'll work

Spoiler
Capture12.PNG

Highlighted
5 - Atom

No need to even touch the 'companies' input :)