community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #141: Examination Data Simulation

Asteroid

Challenge 141.JPG#

Similar workflow to everyone else

Bolide

image.png

Spoiler
image.png
Asteroid

challenge_141_chart.PNG

Spoiler
I happened upon this tool while working on the birthday paradox challenge!
challenge_141_workflow.PNG
Alteryx Partner

Okay, I had heard of the the sample tool, but never used it, so this was nice with this challenge.

But since we are generation our own sample values, I basically have no clue whether I have done it wright or wrong.

My solution ended up looking like this

Spoiler
2018-11-26 22_22_42-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_141_verakso.yxmd.pngThe WorkflowI am still pretty unsure if I have used the Sample Data Tool correctly, but when I apparantly look at the data, I can see the median is close to 70% and the min and max is also close to the requisites.

In the end my scatter-plot ended up looking like this:
2018-11-26 22_24_09-.pngThe ChartWhich in my eyes is pretty close the example provided, so I'll assume it is correctly solved.

Br

/Thomas

Sr. Learning Strategy Manager
Sr. Learning Strategy Manager

Definitely had to take the spoiler hints on this one... BUT I am always excited to try out a new tool!

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge141.JPGWeeklyChallenge141Distribution.JPG

Cheers!

NJ

Alteryx Partner

@JoeM Wow! Super!! Thank you so much!

Asteroid

Here is my solution... Close but with differences...

Asteroid

I learned to use two new tools, the Simulation Sampling tool and the Histogram tool. 

Spoiler
141_terry10.JPG