community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #141: Examination Data Simulation

Sr. Learning Strategy Manager
Sr. Learning Strategy Manager
Alteryx Partner

Solution attached. I do not have interactive charting tool as I am using Designer 2018.2. So I tried Scatterplot tool. The plot is not bad.

BTW, @JoeM, beside Alteryx Help, is there a place that I can find more explanation on the meaning of Seed in the tool configuration? Thank you so much.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG 

Alteryx
Alteryx

Alteryx
Alteryx

First time using the simulation sampling tool, very useful!

Asteroid

@JoeM thank you, I will have a watch later and read through.

Alteryx
Alteryx

I didn't stray from the norm on this one, I built the same workflow as most others.

It had been a while since I used the

Spoiler
simulation sampling tool,

so nice to get familiar with it again.

Plot.png

Spoiler
Workflow.png

Asteroid

Cheers!

Spoiler
I had to play around with the math some, but here is what I came up with. 
Challenge_141_2.pngMy workflowChallenge_141_1.pngMy distribution graph

Aurora
Aurora

Took a different route than many others (and the solution proposed by @JoeM ) - used a python tool as an excuse to learn it.    Seemed to work :-) 

2018-11-18_20-55-26.jpg

Spoiler

2018-11-18_20-56-33.jpg2018-11-18_20-57-10.jpg

Alteryx
Alteryx

Figuring out how to do the actual summary proved to be trickier than I thought!

Spoiler

2018-11-19 03_28_36-Window.png