community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #141: Examination Data Simulation

Nice tool! Tried multi-field binning first, but simple rounding seems to do the better job..

Spoiler
spoiler_challenge141.png

Comet

My solution, didn't get a perfect normal distribution but nearly like it :)

Asteroid

Yet again the weekly challenge introduces me to a "new to me" tool. 

Spoiler
WC141 Workflow.pngWorkflowWC141 Output.pngOutput
Meteor

well that was fun! I rarely play around with some prescriptive tools.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 5.41.35 PM.png
Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Alteryx_17024_0828fbbd-d495-49ee-b68d-68ae7422f20b_.png

Sam :)

Alteryx Partner

Wow my first time using this tool

Thanks for the challenge!

Meteor

Fun tool, but let's give it a go using maths.

Output_141.PNG

As for solution I also ended up using Box-Muller like some other people in this thread (@kat and @danilang I both saw used it).
Still unsure what the "correct" choice of multiplaction value is when scaling the results, but a simulation at 10m only had 6 test outside the band, so felt that was an ok margin of error. A proper implementation would have to test for this.

Spoiler
Screenshot_141.PNG

Meteoroid

Mine has a bit more color.   Fun little exercise. 

Challenge141.png

Asteroid

Asteroid

Here you go! Unrelated but in the same category, are there any good guides for using the optimization tool? I have seen a few examples however I am really struggling to get my head around how to configure this correctly.

Spoiler
141.PNG