community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #140: Prove the Birthday Paradox!

Meteor

Here is my solution - this was a fun one!

Spoiler
140.pngScreenshot (252).png
Meteoroid

Here is mine!

Spoiler
challenge_140_zsm_birthday_paradox.png
Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution :)

Spoiler
challenge_140.PNG
Spoiler
Asteroid

Hi! This was a tough one! Here my solution :) :) ;)

Spoiler
I solved it with a iterative macro for the 1000 cases...inside another iterative macro for the 49 different sample sizes :)

to reach 75% we need 33 people

challenge_140.png

Bolide

There is probably an easier way to do this, but got a solution.

Spoiler
Challenge 140.PNG
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Pulsar
Pulsar
Spoiler
2.PNGCapture.PNG
Alteryx Certified Partner

Good one, think that I'll be using Generate Rows more often now rather than brute force; very elegant.

140_GraphResult.PNG

Asteroid

I took a slightly different approach to this problem. Since I am more familiar with iterations or loops in python, I used the python tool to solve this problem.

challenge_140_results.png

Meteor

Solved. My first time using a macro (and exporting a package)! =)