Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #14: Warehouse Distribution

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Solution attached.

Spoiler
2019-01-15_09-09-32.jpg
GiuseppeC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Solved both with and without an iterative macro. Similar solution to others' with the Running Total tool in the "no macro" workflow.

I tried to keep the Iterative macro as simple as possible (spoiler below), so that it could be useful to others to learn the iteration mechanism. Coming from a standard programming language looping concept, it took me a while to figure out how to build the exit condition, but it's going to be very helpful for me!

Spoiler
14 macro.JPG

Verakso
11 - Bolide

I clearly haven't fully grasped the iterative macro thingie

I started on that approach, but that **bleep** pesky iterator went haywire, so I had to have a peek at @Laurap1228 & @NicoleJohnson's solutions, to understand why my own was broke.

So I have included bot the macro and non-macro solution, and now both gives the same expected result.

Spoiler

Br
/Thomas 

gcarroll
7 - Meteor

My solution attached! Thanks, Gavin

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge #14, done!

Spoiler
Challenge14.PNG

Cheers,

rfergus
8 - Asteroid

Took a while to figure out a formula that would work.  Forgot about running totals but this works too.

Spoiler
image.png
FeedMeData
8 - Asteroid

I managed without a macro this time

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Went macro only as I am trying to increase my iterative macro skills.

Spoiler
Workflow 14.GIFMacro 14.GIF

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution to challenge 14.

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
Challenge 14.PNG