Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #14: Warehouse Distribution

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

This one caused a bit of head scratching...

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 14.png
DE0413
8 - Asteroid

I started out attempting an iterative macro but, still being new to macros, I couldn't figure out how to get the new count values to replace in the iterations.  I ended up using multi-row formulas to solve.  I'll be sure to check out all of the iterative macro solutions to hopefully get a better understanding of how those work.

Spoiler
Week14Challenge.png
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Workflow

sagarb
8 - Asteroid

Used running total and multi row formula tools. Going to try with macros as well.

nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.  I kind of took a shortcut with byte to handle the negative numbers but it seems to have worked.

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Solution attached.  I used a running total and multi-row formula tool rather than an iterative macro.

Spoiler
challenge_14.png
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Natasha
9 - Comet

I used two multi-row formulas instead of a running total, which is quite an interesting idea.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 21.32.02.png
MaxGiegerich
8 - Asteroid

Solved with the running total method as others have shared. Took a stab at the iterative macro and got stuck so thanks for highlighting that hole in my knowledge!

JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

This was quite fun! (A bit thrown that the category of this question is 'macros' when it doesn't require a macro though)