community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #14: Warehouse Distribution

Asteroid

Solved.

Alteryx Partner

Challenge 14 complete

Highlighted
Asteroid

Pulled a little inspiration from @JoeM 's great Batch Macro tutorial referenced in the Advanced Cert Prep Guide and went batch macro route!

Batch Macro

1)Sorts by Store Priority to ensure you are filling all product orders for prioritized stores first

2)Uses the control parameter to Group/Batch by Item and map it to insert the beginning Count available for each item

-Use multi Row formulas to calculate correct item assignment 

Spoiler
RL_Challenge14workflow.png

Spoiler
RL_Challenge14Batch.png

Asteroid

My Solution!!

Alteryx Partner

solution attached.

Meteoroid

Here is my solution with a interactive macro

Asteroid

My solution attached

Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
14. Data Analysis.PNG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Achieved without using a macro. After joining all the data together, I used a couple of Multi-row Formula's to build out the logic of how much stock they should be assigned!

Asteroid

Took a semi complicated IF statement but eventually got the solution!