Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #14: Warehouse Distribution

petgrap
8 - Asteroid

ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Slightly different from the provided solution.

I used a Multi-Row formula to arrive at the Running Total instead of Running Total tool and used a separate formula for values < 0 to be marked as ZERO as compared to the same nested IF formula. Good Learning!!!!

The solving thrill continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)

Alteryx ACE | Alteryx For Good India Lead | Bengaluru Alteryx User Group Lead
josh_brandt
6 - Meteoroid

Good practice with Macro's - I first started iterating on the stores/items, which in hindsight didn't make much sense. 

danrh
13 - Pulsar

aking
7 - Meteor

Well it is easier than the first time I did the iteration but still needed more help. Good learning process for this one. 

tcroberts
12 - Quasar

Here's my no macro solution:

Spoiler
WC14workflow_nomacro.PNG
I experimented with a few different workflows, but managed to get it super short using the Running Total tool and a nested conditional statement to keep allocated values non-negative

I'll attach a macro version shortly.

I wish the second solution could be update though, would be interested to see the 'official' macro-based solution.

Mikkel_D_Karlsen
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

We used this one to demonstrate an Iterative Macro to our business! Thank you guys again for putting these out!

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

The second solution file attached is actually for challenge 11, not 14, so I compared my workflow to others, and it seems pretty similar to @NicoleJohnson's!

Spoiler
This was a good way to brush up on my iterative macro skills!
14-2.PNG14.PNG
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Macro-free solution.  Multi row to the rescue!

Spoiler
Solution 14.png

Dan