Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #14: Warehouse Distribution

petgrap
8 - Asteroid

ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Slightly different from the provided solution.

I used a Multi-Row formula to arrive at the Running Total instead of Running Total tool and used a separate formula for values < 0 to be marked as ZERO as compared to the same nested IF formula. Good Learning!!!!

The solving thrill continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)

Alteryx ACE | Alteryx For Good India Lead | Bengaluru Alteryx User Group Lead
josh_brandt
6 - Meteoroid

Good practice with Macro's - I first started iterating on the stores/items, which in hindsight didn't make much sense. 

danrh
13 - Pulsar

aking
7 - Meteor

Well it is easier than the first time I did the iteration but still needed more help. Good learning process for this one. 

tcroberts
12 - Quasar

Here's my no macro solution:

Spoiler
WC14workflow_nomacro.PNG
I experimented with a few different workflows, but managed to get it super short using the Running Total tool and a nested conditional statement to keep allocated values non-negative

I'll attach a macro version shortly.

I wish the second solution could be update though, would be interested to see the 'official' macro-based solution.

Mikkel_D_Karlsen
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

We used this one to demonstrate an Iterative Macro to our business! Thank you guys again for putting these out!

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

The second solution file attached is actually for challenge 11, not 14, so I compared my workflow to others, and it seems pretty similar to @NicoleJohnson's!

Spoiler
This was a good way to brush up on my iterative macro skills!
14-2.PNG14.PNG
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Macro-free solution.  Multi row to the rescue!

Spoiler
Solution 14.png

Dan