Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #139: Spooky API Connection

BENOIT_RAFFIN
7 - Meteor

Attached my solution.

Best regards,

olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Not a easy one...

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution! Tried to economize on the number of tools, and didn't take as long as I expected... once I figured out that I had accidentally clicked on the wrong version of the food report on the USDA site, that is. :) 

Spoiler
Chose to build this as an app so that other users could put in their own API keys. Thinking there is probably an extra advanced challenge in here somewhere that actually builds this as a full, multi-parameter app that lets you select which type of report you want to run, choose the data you want to return, enter whichever parameters you wish to provide... then it assembles the query and returns the results based on your app selections. But I've had too many Reese's at this point, so that's going to be a challenge for a different day!

WeeklyChallenge139.JPG

Cheers!

NJ

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Cheers! That was a fun one. I love working with APIs.

Spoiler
Challenge_139.png
jackieheer
8 - Asteroid

KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Definitely harder than the other beginner tagged challenges but I managed it eventually, and learnt a bunch.

Thanks. 

KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Definitely harder than the other beginner tagged challenges but I managed it eventually, and learnt a bunch.

Thanks. 

Laurap1228
11 - Bolide

Here is my solution. I may have cheated by correcting the spelling error in one of the inputs.

Spoiler
Challenge138.PNG
BPurcell2
9 - Comet

Love practicing with API's....

Since I'm still "helping" my kids with their Halloween treats, I wanted to see all of the data available.  

I'm a little baffled by the "nutrients.#.measures unit...the snickers measurement label is "Slice"  I initially thought there was an extra layer of math, but the final output matched.

Spoiler
image.png

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Also assumed that Atomic Fireballs was misspelled in the inputs.

Spoiler
image.png