community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #139: Spooky API Connection

Alteryx
Alteryx

Love the challenge.

After reading the documentation and the fact that you could send in multiple candies in one request I started to go down that root. I then realised that meant the JSON parsing would be more involved, so switched to sending 5 requests and built quite a tidy solution (well at least I think so!)

Spoiler
2018-11-01_12-46-58.png

Let us all hope that they didn't really consume that many calories!!!!

Edit - I should add that I assumed it was a typo on the fireballs and just replace it in the text input rather than adding a formula

Double Edit - Also turns out you should read the text in workflow as well, as this tells you to do it in one call and not multiple, shame on me!

Alteryx
Alteryx

Good challenge.  Didn't work out how to do it all in one URL.

Nick

Alteryx
Alteryx

Attached my solution :)

Alteryx
Alteryx

My solution attached; few bits could be tidied up but its working ! 

Alteryx
Alteryx

This was fun

Alteryx
Alteryx

This was fun

Asteroid

Bolide
Bolide

Went the XML route!

Meteor

added a constraint to build this without using the Summarize or Join tools (i.e., Join or Join multiple)

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 3.23.13 PM.png
Meteor

My solution doesn't assume "Atmoic Fireball" was misspelled since we always have user input errors w/ data!!  

Spoiler
solve stream.JPG