community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #139: Spooky API Connection

Meteoroid

Asteroid

Cadbury's Heroes all Halloween for me!

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi all,

here is my Solution, just quickly built this together, so there is probably room to improve it. I was lazy about parsing the JSON really, so I just used a filter looking for kcal and then, knowing that the actual value is in the next row, just used a RecordID +1 Formula to create a "RecordID Kcal" and then use a Join tool with the original data coming back from the Download tool to get the Kcal value, its a common technique I use usually when building Website Connectors with Alteryx.

Cheers

Olli

Meteoroid

My first ever Weekly Challenge attempt

Alteryx Partner

Not as easy as I thought :p

Also I assume Atmoic Fireball is a typo

Here is my solution!

Quasar

Here is my solution!

Spoiler
workflow.PNGWorkflow & Results
Quasar

That's one big, bloated tummy!

tummy.png

Spoiler
I took advantage of the fact that the USDA provides XML data and use the XML parse tools to find what I needed

Solution.png

Dan

First submission, not the most elegant though!

Alteryx Certified Partner

I also changed the spelling. 

Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
Cool exercise!

Here's my solution. 

Solution_Challenge_139.PNG