Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #139: Spooky API Connection

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution...

I removed my key...

ckings
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
wk139.PNG
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Used a fuzzy match process to get around the spelling of atomic ( :-) thanks for spotting and fixing this @patrick_digan and @JoeM )

Spoiler

2018-11-18_18-51-36.jpg2018-11-18_18-51-46.jpg2018-11-18_18-51-56.jpg

benbenjoy
8 - Asteroid

EW
11 - Bolide

That is truly a spooky amount of calories!  

My solution:

Spoiler
139 EW.PNG
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

This one was more difficult than I initially thought! I also manually corrected the spelling of "Atomic Fireball".

Spoiler
Also, note that the solution uses nutrient.x.value, which means we're assuming that the bag Qty is number of 100-g servings (not pieces). So, we're assuming 30 x 100-g servings of candy corn (3 kg or 6.6 lbs of candy corn!!) and not 30 pieces of candy corn. 

No wonder it's 34,795 calories! Given that assumption, the whole bag is 8,800 grams or 19.4 lbs! Now, that is a candy haul!

If we use the nutrient.x.measures (assume the bag Qty is in pieces), then we get a much more reasonable(-ish) 4,256 calories for the bag. I calculated it both ways (assuming Qty = 100-g servings, and also assuming Qty = pieces), because I was curious!

challenge_139.png
jssandom
8 - Asteroid

Got it after spotting the typo :)

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

datatim
7 - Meteor
Spoiler

solution 139.png

AGoyal
8 - Asteroid

Solved. Inelegant. Barely holds together. But works.