Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #139: Spooky API Connection

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Love the challenge.

After reading the documentation and the fact that you could send in multiple candies in one request I started to go down that root. I then realised that meant the JSON parsing would be more involved, so switched to sending 5 requests and built quite a tidy solution (well at least I think so!)

Spoiler
2018-11-01_12-46-58.png

Let us all hope that they didn't really consume that many calories!!!!

Edit - I should add that I assumed it was a typo on the fireballs and just replace it in the text input rather than adding a formula

Double Edit - Also turns out you should read the text in workflow as well, as this tells you to do it in one call and not multiple, shame on me!

NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Good challenge.  Didn't work out how to do it all in one URL.

Nick

ShaanM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Attached my solution :)

Shaan Mistry
Co - Founder : datacurious.ai
vsoni
Alteryx
Alteryx

My solution attached; few bits could be tidied up but its working ! 

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

This was fun

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

This was fun

Inactive User
Not applicable

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Went the XML route!

GarthMiles
7 - Meteor

added a constraint to build this without using the Summarize or Join tools (i.e., Join or Join multiple)

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 3.23.13 PM.png
sean_bolte_dup_544
8 - Asteroid

My solution doesn't assume "Atmoic Fireball" was misspelled since we always have user input errors w/ data!!  

Spoiler
solve stream.JPG