community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #138: World Series Wins

Asteroid

Asteroid

Turns out there's a very weird character between team name and score. It's not a white space - Show Whitespace in  Cell Viewer doesn't show anything for that part so I don't know what it is. I've found my way around it although not a very good one... If you're not using crew macros you probably won't even notice this

Alteryx
Alteryx

Here's my solution.

Spoiler
Nothing terribly creative. I was trying to eliminate RegEx and the data cleansing tool almost worked except for the period in St. Louis. I would love to see periods and commas each called out as a separate cleansing criterion in the Cleansing tool. That would also make it easier to eliminate commas when converting number strings.

My solution!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

My solution attached.