Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #138: World Series Wins

ANorbs_dup_4
5 - Atom

My solution definitely could be condensed into half of the total number of tools I used, but I like visualizing everything step by step, plus I am still learning, having only started a job where I use Alteryx daily last week.

BENOIT_RAFFIN
7 - Meteor

Attached my solution.

Best regards,

Verakso
11 - Bolide

It took some iterations, and just shows, that there is many ways to the same result.

Spoiler
2018-10-24 00_12_30-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_138_verakso.yxmd_.pngIn order to concatenate the Winning Years, I could not get the interface in the Designer to work, but I have enabled the XML button, so I did go in and change the settings of the component, and then it worked,

Until next week
//Thomas

George_Walker
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

I feel like this is a very inelegant solution, but there we go

Ukashi
8 - Asteroid

My solution below, 

Spoiler
image.png
ch12345
7 - Meteor

It's not the cleanest solution, and I was trying to avoid joins and unions, but it works!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Niklas
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler
138_solution_NE.PNG

Felt a bit like I used the Data Cleansing tool as a crutch for sub-optimal regex on this one.

It works, but I probably need to spend some time comparing my RegEx to others in this thread. Probably some optimisation to be had there.

RamanMahesh
5 - Atom

Here's my solution

sprodger
8 - Asteroid

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's my solution