Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #137: Find the Closest 'Dry' Point!

BeginnerMindset
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
BeginnerMindset_0-1615028073354.png

Got to the right answer but ST_Intersects (which gives true of false) doesn't seem to give consistent results with ST_Intersection.  I've left both in to demonstrate.

marioyuwono
8 - Asteroid

137.png

AlexC2
8 - Asteroid

nice spatial challenge!

Spoiler
AlexC2_0-1615455691323.png

elinvangbo
6 - Meteoroid

Fun challenge! Here's my solution 😊

Spoiler
 Skærmbillede 2021-03-26 kl. 11.22.02.png

Skærmbillede 2021-03-26 kl. 11.22.06.png

Eilean_
8 - Asteroid

RT

mdsalmankhan89
8 - Asteroid

here is my solution ! 

mpennington
11 - Bolide

Tried a couple of different methods unsuccessfully, finally realized I was over complicating it.  One thing I couldn't nail down was why the spatial match tool sends all columns to the  unmatched output and only the selected output columns to the matched output. Odd behaviour, IMHO. 

Spoiler
MP 137.jpg
helpfultoaster
Alteryx
Alteryx

My solution is a little bit wrong--I'm missing two customers from the output.

This is because I chose to use ST_Intersects to determine if the lines connecting customers to splice points intersect with body of water objects. With this configuration, Customer1 and Customer7 did not have any valid lines. 

Does anyone know why a line that intersects a body of water might still be considered "contained" within [San Diego County] - [Bodies of Water] ? This seems contradictory, so I imagine there's some knowledge I'm missing about how spatial objects work.

JoshML
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
challenge_137_solution.png
ENix
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

ENix_0-1620316944357.png