community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!
SOLVED

Challenge #135: Locker Problem

Alteryx Partner

Iterative macro solution to Challenge 135

Asteroid

Nice to get some practice with iterative macros.

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png
Alteryx Certified Partner

Workflow

Spoiler
135 workflow.png

Macro

Spoiler
135 macro.png
Bolide

Stay away from locker 840 during cold and flu season or an outbreak of the cooties.   I outputted the results from all the iterations to see which locker would have been touched the most times.

Spoiler

135.PNG135 workflow135 Macro.PNG
Asteroid

Solution below

Spoiler

A bit new to the Macro challenges, I've created a batch macro to run for each student.

Next do a locker count and use the modulo function to add an "open" or "closed" tag.

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Alteryx Partner

Iterative route

Spoiler
1.Main WF

135-3.pngData135-2.pngiterative135-1.pngMain WF

Can't attach here

clipboard_image_0.png

... so find the package in Github: https://github.com/dsmdavid/Alteryx-Weekly-Challenge/blob/master/submitted/sub_Challenge%23135/David...

Meteoroid

Meteor

Done!

Spoiler
#135 (Macro).PNG

#135.PNG

Alteryx Partner

I remember this one took me a while to figure out... The lack of tools is deceptive

Alteryx Partner

How bored are these students?

Spoiler
Challenge 135.pngworkflowChallenge 135 macro.pngiterative macro