Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA
SOLVED

Challenge #135: Locker Problem

Alt_JP
5 - Atom
Spoiler
2018-10-02 Spoiler - challenge_135_jp.yxmd.png

Found a solution without using input files or macros. Takes 0.8 sec to run on my machine.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I discovered the Modulo function and what it does!!! And iterative macros are now a little less scary... My solution attached.

However, that was my 2nd attempt. With my 1st attempt I tried to update a sample tool with the IterationNumber as shown below, but for some reason it wouldn't work - it doesn't seem to update the value of N in the sample tool. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

challenge135 update sample tool.png

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@DavidP I'm not certain, but I don't think any of the interface tools (action tool included) are able to use/update the IterationNumber. 

clant
8 - Asteroid

I couldnt work out what i was doing wrong until i actually read the instructions properly. I originally worked it so every person would change the status of every locker higher than them not just multiples.

Spoiler
1.PNG2.PNG
StevenBetts
8 - Asteroid

Was pleased to find a solution without having to use macros - I still haven't quite gotten my head around those yet!

Spoiler
Challenge 135.jpg
ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is my version. 

Main workflowMain workflowIteration workflowIteration workflow

sh0kat
7 - Meteor

Here's my solution :)

Spoiler
challenge_135_ShokatAli.PNG
Ladarthure