Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA
SOLVED

Challenge #135: Locker Problem

Alt_JP
5 - Atom
Spoiler
2018-10-02 Spoiler - challenge_135_jp.yxmd.png

Found a solution without using input files or macros. Takes 0.8 sec to run on my machine.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I discovered the Modulo function and what it does!!! And iterative macros are now a little less scary... My solution attached.

However, that was my 2nd attempt. With my 1st attempt I tried to update a sample tool with the IterationNumber as shown below, but for some reason it wouldn't work - it doesn't seem to update the value of N in the sample tool. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

challenge135 update sample tool.png

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@DavidP I'm not certain, but I don't think any of the interface tools (action tool included) are able to use/update the IterationNumber. 

clant
8 - Asteroid

I couldnt work out what i was doing wrong until i actually read the instructions properly. I originally worked it so every person would change the status of every locker higher than them not just multiples.

Spoiler
1.PNG2.PNG
StevenBetts
8 - Asteroid

Was pleased to find a solution without having to use macros - I still haven't quite gotten my head around those yet!

Spoiler
Challenge 135.jpg
ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is my version. 

Main workflowMain workflowIteration workflowIteration workflow

sh0kat
7 - Meteor

Here's my solution :)

Spoiler
challenge_135_ShokatAli.PNG
Ladarthure