Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #134: US Grand Prix Prelims - Email Dates

JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I know you guys are as excited as I am for another question from the Grand Prix! This one was also from the prelims for the US Grand Prix. This week, we are focusing on calculating time that has elapsed between emails, but the data need some cleansing first.

Congrats to our Finalists that were announced last week!

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
George_Walker
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution 

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution! Twinsies with speed-demon @patrick_digan... I am starting to think you have a special alarm that notifies you the second the next challenge is posted... :)

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge134.JPG

Cheers,

NJ

Julien_B
8 - Asteroid

Here's my proposition : 

Spoiler
2018-09-24_17-12-46.png
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Surely not the clearest way to do it but it works :)

ckings
7 - Meteor

Spoiler
Different approach and my datediff was figuring the days on the lesser side so had to convert from hours (datediff of hours) to days in my final formula tool. A lot of tools but this is how I logically think.

wk134.PNG

Different approach but got there!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Nice little lunch time Challenge

Spoiler
Solution.png

Dan

AGoyal
8 - Asteroid

While I did get to the solution, I think there is an error. @JimmyG: If you subtract the dates with time included, you get to different numbers. For example, the first one comes to 14 days instead of 15. 

Spoiler
alteryx-c134.PNG

JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@AGoyal - good catch. We actually found this during testing so we added a hint to not worry about the time.