Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #133: US Grand Prix Prelims - NASA Location Analysis

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Fun Challenge

Spoiler
Same general track as the previous ones, except that I took advantage of the spatial function Create Convex Hull within the Summarize tool.  This way there is no need to join back to the original list and then use a Poly-Build.  Using this method you do create more polygons up front, so it may take a hit  performance-wise.

Solution.png

Dan

clant
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution,

Spoiler
133.PNG
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's mine

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

attached!

Spoiler
133 workflow.PNG
DougRangel
5 - Atom

Aidan_K
11 - Bolide

This is my first Spatial challenge, I think I've got it :)

Thanks,

AidanKing

George_Walker
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Looks like others have done it more cleanly with a join, but here is my solution
JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Aidan_K wow, first spatial challenge - well done!

kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #133.PNG
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution! SO excited to see who is up on stage for the Europe Grand Prix in a few weeks!!

Spoiler
I remember getting tripped up on this one, and I think it had something to do with how I tried to combine the spatial objects at the end to create the desired polygon... Went with the Transpose-to-Summarize method this time, and it seemed to work just fine to line up the original facility object with the matching facility objects in a way that allowed me to combine them smoothly.

Finished this one in 4 1/2 minutes - though it probably helps that I'd seen it and struggled with it once before :)

WeeklyChallenge133.JPG

Cheers!

NJ