Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #133: US Grand Prix Prelims - NASA Location Analysis

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Fun Challenge

Spoiler
Same general track as the previous ones, except that I took advantage of the spatial function Create Convex Hull within the Summarize tool.  This way there is no need to join back to the original list and then use a Poly-Build.  Using this method you do create more polygons up front, so it may take a hit  performance-wise.

Solution.png

Dan

clant
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution,

Spoiler
133.PNG
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's mine

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

attached!

Spoiler
133 workflow.PNG
DougRangel
5 - Atom

Aidan_K
11 - Bolide

This is my first Spatial challenge, I think I've got it :)

Thanks,

AidanKing

George_Walker
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Looks like others have done it more cleanly with a join, but here is my solution
JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Aidan_K wow, first spatial challenge - well done!

kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #133.PNG
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution! SO excited to see who is up on stage for the Europe Grand Prix in a few weeks!!

Spoiler
I remember getting tripped up on this one, and I think it had something to do with how I tried to combine the spatial objects at the end to create the desired polygon... Went with the Transpose-to-Summarize method this time, and it seemed to work just fine to line up the original facility object with the matching facility objects in a way that allowed me to combine them smoothly.

Finished this one in 4 1/2 minutes - though it probably helps that I'd seen it and struggled with it once before :)

WeeklyChallenge133.JPG

Cheers!

NJ