community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #132: When Will Community Hit 1,000,000 Posts?

Sr. Learning Strategy Manager

Happy 3rd Anniversary Community! It has been a wild and crazy three years. Now let's see what the future of Community looks like. In the workflow, the data represents the number of posts posted on a monthly basis. Note that the first record contains a count of posts before 2017-01-01 and each record thereafter represents a month between 2017-01-01 and 2018-08-01. Your job is to forecast (ARIMA) in what future month Community will surpass the 1 Million post milestone using the high end of the 80% confidence interval (because we are optimists). Sound off what you got!

shoot.gifAn Anniversary Worth Celebrating

Spoiler
I've got June of 2023, but that doesn't agree with the output so I may have overlooked something...
Capture.PNG
Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #132.PNG
Bolide

I'm with everyone else. Different date result.

Spoiler
workflow.PNGresults window.PNG

Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
Unsure on this one. I got June 2023 coming in at 1009155.422276 posts. Wasn't a match to the projected answer so excited to see what the answer is! May have my configuration wrong? 
wk132.PNG

Post updated (new expected answer matching above users)! I forgot to include the monthly data as a part of the running total.

.facepalm.gifFace Palm

Quasar

What they said!

Spoiler
June, 2023

solution 132.png

Dan

Asteroid

Fun Challenge..  first time I've used those tools.  always good to learn new tools..

Spoiler
Challenge_132_Spoiler.JPG
Alteryx Certified Partner

Spoiler
I felt like doing some date formatting.
132.png

Asteroid

I'm curious to see/know how close this prediction ends up being!

Spoiler
Alteryx WC132TN.png