Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #131: Think Like a CSE... The R Error Message: cannot allocate vector of size...

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

Learnt a new lesson on how to solve though problems

Spoiler
atcodedog05_0-1586019732182.png

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I have successfully avoided this challenge for over a year, but today is the day I end it.

Spoiler
I have tried to reproduce this error a number of times, but sadly couldn't manage it. After a number of tries I went on to check the comments to see if anyone else managed but in the process I saw some of the responses... So I waited a while to try and forget what I saw but couldn't. Today I decided to look through community and see if there are any resources I could base my solution on, and I did! It wasn't exactly the same issue but the memory allocation issue was present (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/Cluster-Analysis-Customer-R-tool-Errors-out/td-p/3...) so I decided to suggest a solution of splitting data into chunks for appending the clusters and mocked up a short example below (didn't bother to make an actual batch macro though...)

image.png