community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #130: Is There an Echo in Here?

Asteroid

My solution attached.

Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution :)

Spoiler
challenge_130.PNG
Pulsar
Pulsar
Spoiler
Had to pull out some new RegEx tricks, but was able to get the one tool solution!

Capture.PNG
Meteoroid

My solution! ...

Spoiler
challenge_130_zsm_solution.png
Highlighted
Meteor

Fun challenge!  I don't know if the Python tool counts as a one tool solution or not, but I wanted to try tackling this using Python to get some practice using the new tool!  I also tried using just base Python (except Pandas to create a new dataframe since Alteryx can only write out dataframes) and tried to avoid using regex.  I also added one more phrase "It's going to be a great great, fun-filled day day!" just to make sure I was still capturing the correct punctuation mid- and end-sentence.

Spoiler
Challenge 130 Screenshot.JPG
Challenge 130 Screenshot 2.JPG

I had to do some research on RegEx but it seems to work.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Beat my head against the one tool solution for a while but finally got is. I included the basic tools solution as well.

Spoiler
Took a lot of googling around regex sites to sort this out and then I had to figure out how to use the replace option.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Spoiler
Capture.PNG