Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #130: Is There an Echo in Here?

hbraunius
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached.

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution :)

Spoiler
challenge_130.PNG
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Had to pull out some new RegEx tricks, but was able to get the one tool solution!

Capture.PNG
zm1
6 - Meteoroid

My solution! ...

Spoiler
challenge_130_zsm_solution.png
jwlong91
8 - Asteroid

Fun challenge!  I don't know if the Python tool counts as a one tool solution or not, but I wanted to try tackling this using Python to get some practice using the new tool!  I also tried using just base Python (except Pandas to create a new dataframe since Alteryx can only write out dataframes) and tried to avoid using regex.  I also added one more phrase "It's going to be a great great, fun-filled day day!" just to make sure I was still capturing the correct punctuation mid- and end-sentence.

Spoiler
Challenge 130 Screenshot.JPG
Challenge 130 Screenshot 2.JPG

Brian_Stoffel
8 - Asteroid

I had to do some research on RegEx but it seems to work.

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Beat my head against the one tool solution for a while but finally got is. I included the basic tools solution as well.

Spoiler
Took a lot of googling around regex sites to sort this out and then I had to figure out how to use the replace option.
PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Marcel_Gavrila
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG