Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #130: Is There an Echo in Here?

Wouter
8 - Asteroid

Fun challenge! my solution:

Spoiler
challenge 130.jpg
clant
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Although i tried the regex way I could not get it to work however I did it really quick using many tools. I am struggling a bit learning the regex way, does anyone know of any online courses/documentation which is not incredibly complicate! I did find this cheat sheet which has been helpful doing some bits https://www.cheatography.com/davechild/cheat-sheets/regular-expressions/pdf/ in other work!

Spoiler
130.PNG

Ruud
10 - Fireball

I've added a 3rd option. Spoiler alert: it's a game breaker! :D 

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Vinutha
8 - Asteroid

Got it :)

ckings
7 - Meteor

Got it in the one tool! 

Spoiler
wk130.PNG
byarsmc79
7 - Meteor

I know this is probably one of the longest ways around, and I know the "one tool" would be the RegEx tool, but I am not that well versed in it and got tired of beating my head against the wall, so...  here is my "working" solution.  The main downfall is that if the original text string has more than 1000 words, then it will not work properly.  I will definitely be looking at other, more efficient solutions. 

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.

Sami
6 - Meteoroid

Solution

Spoiler
image.png
bblock
7 - Meteor

Easy with regex...

Inactive User