community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #13: HTML Table Parsing

Highlighted
Spoiler
Lots of Regex ...

2019-01-14_22-44-17.jpg
Alteryx
Alteryx

My solution:

Spoiler
First time using the make columns tool, I'm sure it'll be very useful!
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
2019-01-16_16-53-18.png

Not sure how scalable my answer is for different formats of HTML, but glad other people have worked it out and I can see it is possible with the XML parsing tool.

Asteroid

My solution

Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution - started using Multi-Row Formula tool and Cross-Tab tool, but switched to Column tool for the first time, really usefull. 

I am not happy with the way I completed this one. Must of spend about 2 hours on it. I need to figure out a better way. :(

Alteryx Certified Partner

Challenge #13, done.

Regex makes things as easy as pie.

Spoiler
Challenge13.PNG

Cheers,

Alteryx Partner

Took me a while to figure out a good RegEx, but it was worth it.

Spoiler
image.png
Asteroid

completed

Asteroid

As long as the format of the incoming data is consistent, this workflow works.

Spoiler
workflow 13.GIF