Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #13: HTML Table Parsing

otresca
7 - Meteor

My solution

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

msicak
8 - Asteroid

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

CapriceW
8 - Asteroid

Here goes!

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

Learned from solution. Great practice!

Amarendra
10 - Fireball

Attached is my solution, learnt a lot of about Regex with this one, thank you! 

AndrewLehm
8 - Asteroid

JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Got blanks instead of Nulls at the end, a tricky challenge!

KeithTroutt
8 - Asteroid

Tough

Verakso
11 - Bolide

A nice and simple challenge

After I resolved this, it has been fun to see all the other and different approaches that has been used.

It could either be, that since this is an "old" challenge, that the RegEx tool has not been used more, or it is simply because the lack of knowledge in regards to Regular Expressions.

If the latter is the case. I would recommend the following resources

I am no RegEx expert myself, and I had to use https://regex101.com/ a couple of times before I got something that worked 😉

Spoiler

I am still amazed on all the different approaches that has been done so far.

That just proves, that there is not just one right answer, when you are using Altertyx.

Best Regards
/Thomas

GiuseppeC
Alteryx
Alteryx

I forced myself into the RegEx route and glad I did: challenging, but gets you what you want in a fast and elegant way!

Good exercise about 'lazy' vs 'greedy' quantifier configuration.

My solution attached.