community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #129: US Grand Prix Lap 3 - Where to Host an Event

Alteryx Partner

My solution...

Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Got a bit confused with getting the Universe and Target the right way around. Looks like you can do either. But only the Targets get passed to the unmatched output node. So if you wanted to see unmatched customers, make sure they are the target.

Spoiler
Challenge 129 - Capture.PNG
Alteryx Partner

Ta da!

Spoiler
2018-08-21 (2).png
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is the solution that I showed at the Grand Prix.

At Inspire, each driver solved this one a different way - one with the Find Nearest tool, one with a Trade Area and Spatial Match tool, and one with an Append Fields (to create all possible combinations), Distance, and Filter tool. 

Don't forget to register for the European Grand Prix prelims!

Meteor

Solution attached.

Solution attached.

Bolide

Woo hoo! Fun one again. Took about 7 minutes :)

Spoiler
image.png
Alteryx
Alteryx

Good time, @EstherB47!

Bolide

Thanks, @JimmyG. Definitely helps that I just solved a similar problem in a workshop I ran for my Buenos Aires office!