Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #129: US Grand Prix Lap 3 - Where to Host an Event

JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

And now on to the final lap! We've completed a lap on data prep, one on predictive, and we round out the Grand Prix with a lap involving spatial.

This one was a nail-bitter in Anaheim, with two drivers finishing in the final seconds and @NicoleJohnson taking home the cup! 

If you're headed to Inspire Europe and want to give a shot at qualifying for the Grand Prix, check out this article explaining all the rules and how to register.

Enjoy!

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
JoBen
11 - Bolide

This was a fun one. Thanks for posting!

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Sorry, here's my solution!

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Just a minor comment. The answer states that the Capacity of location 4 is 250, but it's actually 300.

Thanks for a great challenge!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Nice quick finishing lap

Spoiler
Location 4 with 178 attendees and 4440 total cost

Solution 129.png

Dan

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Fun challenge!  

I'm with @DavidP on the Capacity.  Mine says 300 as well (in the start file).

Spoiler
My initial thought was to go to the optimization tool, but quickly realized it could be solved using spatial tools and summarize.
Wouter
8 - Asteroid

Fun challenge @JimmyG! here's my solution:

Spoiler
challenge 129.jpg
JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Good catch, @DavidP. To peel back the curtain a bit, we do a significant amount of testing of these workflows and one of the things we test is to see if someone could stumble across the right answer in a way we did not intend. One of our testers found something that had me change the capacity, but looks like I posted an earlier version than the one with the "final" output.

JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sure thing, @JoBen! Thanks for solving!