community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
SOLVED

Challenge #127: US Grand Prix Lap 2 - Employee Retention

Alteryx Certified Partner

FYI: You must use the latest version of Designer with the new Decision Tree tool (with the HTML interface). The Decision Tree tool found in older versions does not produce the same result. 

Alteryx
Alteryx

good catch, @CharlieS!

Alteryx
Alteryx

@Ladarthur doesn't look like you missed anything. good job!

Alteryx
Alteryx

@PeterF Ha! That is interesting and I didn't even notice until you pointed it out.

Attached is my solution.  Finished it in 10 minutes.  I would have been faster but Alteryx was running REALLY slow for some reason and I also missed that the new variable was to be used in the model when I created it.

Fun!

Alteryx Partner

Here's my approach to solving this one.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is the answer I showed at Inspire. Good job everyone!

The final lap posts next week - get your spatial skills ready!

FINALLY! Even with like 500% more time than I had during the Grand Prix, this was still a challenge for me. BUT I feel like there might have been an "Aha!!" moment at long last, and I think some pieces of this predictive process are finally starting to click together for me... 

Also, connecting the right output from the predictive model is a super important step. (* Face palm *)

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge127.JPG

Cheers,

NJ

Alteryx
Alteryx

@NicoleJohnson I know you were looking forward to seeing this one again. I'm glad you feel better with the "Aha!!" moment!

Bolide

Took me 9 minutes. This one ran slowly for me, and needed lots of runs to populate the fields. Plus I had to redo the formula tool 3 times because I kept using the wrong date..... Great exercise in figuring out which model is more accurate.

Spoiler
image.png