Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA
SOLVED

Challenge #127: US Grand Prix Lap 2 - Employee Retention

dombaikamilla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
127.PNG
JethroChen
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
challenge_127_jc.PNG
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

I didn't finish this challenge in 10 minutes by Tool version problem.

We must right click at tool and down the version 1.1 to 1.0.

Spoiler
AkimasaKajitani_0-1603595063857.png

JP_SDAK
8 - Asteroid

I definitely wouldn't have made this round - couldn't get the correct answer until I remembered I needed to set the Tool Version for models to 1.0  (discovered this in Predictive Analytics course).   Once I did that it worked great.  I also used Model Compare to determine which tool to use (in addition to checking I output accuracy rating)  prior to scoring.

Spoiler
JP_SDAK_0-1605501403498.png
JP_SDAK_1-1605501452187.pngJP_SDAK_3-1605501550124.png

So, all three of these confirm that the Decision Tree model is the better predictor.

JP_SDAK_4-1605501651672.png

EricaR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Looks like I did everything correctly,  but could not get the desired output.  Others have said the same... versioning issue. 

TraceyD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I only got the right answer after I saw a tip from @JP_SDAK  to set the version to the predictive tools to 1.0.  It took me a while to figure out how to do that (right-click on each tool), but I don't know why that matters.  If anybody knows, I'd appreciate an explanation!

BeginnerMindset
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
BeginnerMindset_0-1613753040367.png

Thanks to others for pointing out the issue with the tool version (Right click and revert to 1.0 for both predictive tools).  I put the Logistic regression tool in a container and disabled it to avoid re-running each time.

mot
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This is a good simple one! 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I kept scratching my head why the Decision Tree model wasn't providing the correct answer until I figured it might be something in terms of changes in the Designer - reset the tools for 1.0 and voila.